Friday, November 13, 2015

The Power of Flowers

The roses in the garden are still blooming. The other day I cut three red blossoms and some white mistflower for filler...


and casually arranged the pretty flowers in an old green jar I bought at an antique store several years ago. (If anyone remembers what product came in this jar, I'd love to know.)  


The roses were still moist with dew and the fragrant mistflower smelled just like honey. 


I placed them on the coffee table and before long the whole living room was filled with their sweet fragrance...and I smiled.

6 comments:

  1. Love your little flower arrangement! Perfect jar for the sweetest of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm partial to little arrangements like this. They brighten my home and my heart!

      Delete
  2. Wished I could smell them, just have to settle for pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mistflower was the most fragrant. It really did smell just like honey.

      Delete
  3. Too bad there isn't a fragrance control on blogs. Your description of the scents sounds divine.

    From the shape of the jar, I say it most likely contained a salve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're probably right about the jar. I'll have to do a little research. Google probably knows. ;)

      Delete

Birdie Snaps commenters are the best!

I welcome and appreciate your thoughts on this post.

Check back here later for my reply or select the notify me box before publishing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...