Monday, December 14, 2015

Smiling Down a Dirt Road

We went for a drive down Old Gulf Road in Matagorda, Texas, last week. 



It starts out paved, but changes to dirt soon after you cross the bridge.



I enjoyed the scenery—open fields and blue sky.



I kept a watch out for flowers and found some tiny yellow ones growing along the fencerow...



and an occasional pop of color from lantana blossoms. It was also on this road where I found the Cherokee rose.



As I took my flower pictures, I attracted the attention of one particular cow in the field. The rest of the herd ignored me completely, but this cow made sure to keep an eye on me the whole time.

It was these simple sights that had me smiling as we drove down a dirt road.

4 comments:

  1. Love the photos. The one of the alert cow brought back some good memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for always taking time to comment. I'm happy you enjoyed the photos!

      Delete
  2. Love reading about your day trips...your vehicle is perfect for those dirt roads. I'd be watching that cow closely to make sure she stays where she is...they can be unpredictable at times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Jeep is my husband's favorite vehicle ever. It will be a sad day when it's time to replace it.

      There was a fence between me and the cow, so I was protected. I felt she was more cautiously curious than potentially aggressive...but I don't have any experience with cows...

      Delete

Birdie Snaps commenters are the best!

I welcome and appreciate your thoughts on this post.

Check back here later for my reply or select the notify me box before publishing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...