Monday, October 26, 2015

Lessons Learned by a Shell Collector

I've collected a lot of shells from Matagorda Beach over the years.

Many Shells on Matagorda Beach-Matagorda, Texas

In the beginning, I picked up every pretty shell and shell fragment I saw. 

But over time, I've learned to be more discriminating. I mean, how many dish tubs of shells does one person really need? 


Another lesson I've learned over the years is...


Hermit Crab Inside a Shell on Matagorda Beach-Matagorda, Texas

the best shells are often already taken...if you know what I mean.

Just something to keep in mind the next time you're out beachcombing.

You're welcome.

2 comments:

  1. Experience is the best teacher that's for sure.

    My mother used to collect rocks, and the same lessons can be applied for that hobby. She identited many rocks as Leaverites as in "leave 'er right" there.

    ReplyDelete

Birdie Snaps commenters are the best!

I welcome and appreciate your thoughts on this post.

Check back here later for my reply or select the notify me box before publishing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...