Thursday, September 24, 2015

The Old Jetty

I walked the length of Jetty Pier, passing only a few fisherman along the way.

There's not much fishing from the pier anymore. It's become sanded in for the most part since the construction of a new jetty nearby.

I was happy to see that the old jetty looked pretty much the same as I remembered.


The Old Jetty in Jetty Park

We used to fish here, but only when the water was calm. 

On this day the waves were crashing hard against the granite slabs, sometimes going completely across the top. 

I didn't risk walking out on the rocks, but a few brave souls decided it was okay and were fishing from the end of the jetty.

I remember our very first trip to Matagorda in April 2007. John took a picture of me on this very same jetty. 

The water was calm on that day, but...


Matagorda Jetty on a Windy Day, April 2007

the wind was not!

Well...I lived to tell about it...and we've been going to Matagorda almost every free weekend since.

4 comments:

  1. I can just imagine you jumping from rock to rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not as bad as it looks. Some cracks are wide, but you can always find a spot where the rocks are touching.

      Delete
  2. Yikes, brave souls is right! You wouldn't catch me out there when the water was so rough. I hope the fishermen caught something.

    ReplyDelete

Birdie Snaps commenters are the best!

I welcome and appreciate your thoughts on this post.

Check back here later for my reply or select the notify me box before publishing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...